Part 4

Koji arrives in the "Full Cup". He had an extremely pleasant afternoon with the pretty daughter of a silk trader. This girl had to be allied to an Octopus, he hardly got away from her. Even before he can drink his earned wine, Shibuya grabs him. "Linus and Ikaru were here." "Well?" "They got the lad from the other day." "Izumi?!" "I don't know what he is called, Koji, but they just dragged him out of the tavern. Ikaru had again that insane look in his eyes for which he is feared in the whole city." Koji's thoughts race. They have only one good hideout here and that lies in the catacombs.
"Shibuya, get our guest room ready. I'll bring somebody. And call in all the men, if we can't avoid it, there will be a fight." "Koji, have you gone mad? You are known here in the city as a thief. If the people notice, that you are more, your camouflage is completely lost." Koji cast an icy glance at him; Shibuya shrinks visibly.  "OK, as you want. However, keep a low profile." Koji passes by in his room. He get changed quickly and packs his complete thief equipment. He wants to steal a human being today, for this he needs to be well equipped.
Koji sneaks cautiously through the dark walks. It smells like rot and rats. He hears voices in front of him. Koji merges with the wall, his black suit together with the dark mask makes him, here in the shadows,  virtually invisible. Two men of Linus' gang pass by hardly an arms length away from him. From the conversation parts he can overhear, Linus wants to move into another city with his people. He needs money for it and this is only why the rider is still alive. Koji's heart races. He glides further. A massive wood door, locked, is found unattended before him. Just as he wants to leave his cover, somebody comes noisy out of another corridor. Ikaru! The tall man looks around and opens suddenly,  very softly, the heavy wood door. He closes it just as softly behind him again. What ever he plans, it is nothing good. Koji presses his hand to his forehead. He needs a good idea now and fast!
Ikaru meanwhile examines satisfied his victim. The boy throws him a whole battery of dark looks and retires as far as his fetters makes it possible. Ikaru places his hand on a slim thigh and packs the chin with the second, turns it to him. Just as he bends forward, in order to kiss him it seems that the hell breaks off at the door. It bangs and roars as if a whole army is on the advance. With a curse Ikaru breaks away and storms to the door. Nothing is to be seen in the corridor. He steps into the darkness, but everything is quiet again. With the exception of the other robbers who arrive because of the noise. "There are intruders. Find and Kill them!" The men scatter immediately into the different corridors. Ikaru grins evil. He can now take care of the lad quietly as long as everyone is averted. He enters the dark room and freezes.
The boy is gone! Ikaru looks around but the room is empty. He runs cursing into the next corridor. The lad has to be back here fast! Linus has already sent a messenger with the ransom demand to the king. Just apart from his own plans ...
Two slim figures release themselves slowly from a narrow rock ledge above the door. It was arduous but the only chance was to cling in the cracked rock below the ceiling. Koji looks concerned at Izumi. "Are you alright?" Izumi only nods. "Get me out of here, then I am just perfect. How did you actual lure him out?" Koji grins. "Fireworks. I had some in my pocket. They make a great noise, precisely the right thing for a little diversion."
He turns to go. "Come on. We have little time until they come back!" Koji disappears in one of the dark corridors, closely followed by Izumi. It is pitch dark, they have no torch in order not to be detected. Koji knows these walks perfectly, he can find even in total darkness his way. Already after a few steps, Takuto is completely lost. He shudders. He has never before been locked up in such a way. He is used to fly on his dragon over the clouds. In here it's like a grave. Once again Takuto shudders and moves closer to Koji. He can hardly see him in the darkness.
Suddenly they reach an opening, a kind of way fork, because the wall, Takuto gripped his way along on, is gone. Takuto starts panicking, he can't hear Koji anymore, other noises echo in the darkness and he sees nothing.
"Koji?! KOJI?!?" "Shhh, do you want to set the whole gang on us? I am here."
Takuto reaches around blindly until he feels an arm. He tears Koji almost to him and presses firmly onto the other body. Koji holds the trembling boy whose body shakes with fear in his arms.
He strokes embarrassed over his head, rumples gently in the dense hair. "We are soon out here. The darkness gets many people on the nerves. A few steps more, then you are back into fresh air." Takuto needs some moments in order to fight down the panic attack. He releases Koji and steps mortified aside.
The only good on darkness is that Koji does not see how red he has become. Koji fumbles with his belt, until he ties something around Takuto. "Hold on  to the scarf then you won't lose me. We are soon there."
The 'Soon' pulls itself over about half an hour. For Takuto, it is the longest time of his life. He suppresses his panic again and again and hangs desperately on the thin silk scarf, which connects him to Koji.
Finally they climb a narrow wood ladder and through a hatch into a basement room. Wine barrels are at the sides, racks are everywhere with barrels and bottles, candles burn on a small table. A gigantic man, even larger than Ikaru, is at the side and helps them up. Takuto almost flies on his hand through the opening; he seems weightless for this giant.
The giant puts a bottle of wine and two jugs on the table. "Fine, Nuruk, you can go now. I'll let you know when I need you." The man nods and leaves the room without a word. Koji pours some wine for them both. "There, on the fright." Takuto swallows a mouthful; the march through darkness took it out of him. They empty the first jug in silence.
"Now you saved me already the second time." Koji winces, the words came without prior warning. "You lie to me and you save my life. Explain that. And don't tell me, that you are a 'businessman', clear?"
He sighs. "I am a thief, Izumi. However, I did not lie to you. In Yakazu, thief is a recognized profession and every good thief is regarded as honorable. The circumstances are a little different here from the emperor's court, the desert or the mountains. This here is a harbor town, with everything that belongs there."
Takuto plays with his empty jug. The next words are hardly heard. "We will fly back very soon, maybe already tomorrow but for sure within the next three days. King Boltis considers our task finished. He wants now to get rid of us. I won't have any occasion to return the favor." Dark, glittering eyes look through strains of soft bangs. Koji feels a stab. He must pull himself together in order not to grab the boy and hold him tight.
He attempts to change the topic. "What plans made Linus?" "He wanted ransom for me. Delivery should be tomorrow morning.  But he has nothing to exchange anymore. Will he try it nevertheless?" "Linus is capable of that. He will grab someone from the street and deliver him as you. As I know king Boltis, he will hardly risk a dragon rider and pay the ransom. I would love to see his stupid face when  he finds out, that he was took for a ride." "Don't you like him?" "I do, he is a good king. But I love to trick him occasionally. He took that very sportmanslike up to now."
Takuto twitches his shoulders. "Tetsu'ko won't see it like that. If this Linus emerges during delivery with another person and he is near, there are dead. Dragons cannot be lied to. I will go back this evening, we will then prepare a nice surprise for Linus tomorrow morning." Koji is not so sure about it. Linus is simply too clever. Additionally, he does not want Izumi return to the palace in the middle of the night and perhaps fall into Ikaru's hands. Damned, he does not want the boy to go away at all, regardless where. But he likes the idea with the dead. Linus hardly had a furious dragon on his bill, ....
"Do you want to drink some more?" "Yes, gladly." Koji hooks a new bottle, fills both jugs up to the edge. Unnoticed he gives into Izumi's jug a black powder, mixing it with wine. "Here, taste this." Izumi sniffs at the wine, then he takes a sip. "Mmh, it is good." He drinks a second, deep sip. Koji sips at his jug, watching the lad closely. Slowly the jug falls out of Izumi's hand, he sways, grabs for a hold. Koji catches him and let him glide to the ground.
Izumi already sleeps firmly. Lotus drugs are expensive but effective. He will at least sleep a day and a night, totally dreamless and without memory of this time.
Koji kneels on the ground, pulls the boy closely. He tenderly strokes soft hair; caress silky skin. He rubs his cheek on the beautiful face and press small kisses on eyelids, nose, cheekbone and neck. He cuddles with the boy until the door opens and Shibuya storms in, followed by Nuruk. Koji looks up caught. Shibuya grins like a honey cake horse. "So, this is your interest in the little one. That you lay down girls by dozen, I knew, but boys? That is new."
Koji becomes deep red. "He is just as old as I am, therefore don't call him small. And - I like him. Does that satisfy your curiosity?"
"Still one question: Why did you stun him? And don't tell me it was for his best."
Koji twitches his shoulders. "I didn't want him on the way tonight. Ikaru and Linus certainly guard all entrances to the palace with their people. If they try to collect their ransom tomorrow morning, the riders will finish them. Until that is done, he can sleep in our guest room."
The guest room is a dungeon in one of the side walks below the basement. It lies very hidden, perfect to conceal somebody. Koji breaks off the discussion, he gets up and hands the slim body over to Nuruk.
"Bring him down and look after him." "Shall I put him in chains?"
"Not necessary." Koji strokes over the brown forehead lost in thought. "The drugs will hold him." Shibuya's face seems like he would just have swallowed a toad. But before he can say something, Koji storms out of the basement and goes into his quarter. It has been a long day; the night is almost over. The stars already fade in the sky. He stretches himself dog-tired out on his bed and falls asleep immediately.
Somebody is there with him. A slim, sinewy body cuddle up to him, whispers sweet nothings into his ear, strokes his face. Gold brown hands caress pale, white skin. Koji sits up and pulls Izumi more closely. His lips find the other pair; they press themselves on it. Izumi opens his mouth, invites him. Koji has not to be asked twice, he slides his tongue into the sweet mouth, explores, engulfs it. He places his head into Izumi's necking bend and breathes deep into the fragrance of his skin. It smells like sun. He feels the stamping of a vein under his lips. His kisses elicit soft groans from Izumi. They become a short scream as Koji places a small bite exactly on the vein and tastes blood. His hands glide over the smooth breast, stroke and press the slim body, massage it, until Izumi literally vibrates. Izumi places his arms around Koji's neck, rumples through long, fair hair, detects his ear, nibbles on it. Koji feels shocks racing through his body. As he can't resist any longer, he lifts Izumi's hips, squeezes the legs apart and penetrates him slowly.
Izumi digs his fingers into a white shoulder and gasps aloud into his ear. It hurts. Koji moves slowly until Izumi eases off and his muscles loose up a little. He kisses the boy again, both tongues meet; play with each other. His moves become harder, he lifts Izumi's hips, in the rhythm of his thrusts. Izumi shakes. He groans aloud and let himself be driven completely in rapture. Koji kisses his collarbone, kisses deeper, tastes blood again. Intoxicatingly sweet. He penetrates the slim body as deep as possible, becomes faster and faster. He feels Izumi's erection pressing against his stomach. Koji leans against it so it can rub over his skin, massages it demanding, nearly raw. Izumi's closes his eyes firmly, he moves with Koji, encounters the deep thrusts and arches his back until his whole body looks like a tightened bow. His moaning becomes louder till he gasps out of breath, throws his head back and hot liquid runs across Koji's stomach. Koji presses him hard down on his member, penetrates him with a last deep thrust, a fireball explodes in his head - Koji jumps from his bed, wide-awake.