Part 2

 

"Where is he, Shibuya?" A halfway gentle kick in my side wakes me. As I try to get up, someone grabs my hair and pulls, pushing me against a wall. "Where?"
I look at Koji, he is furious. Obviously Takuto is missing. Koji looses his composure only when something is wrong with Taku. I manage to catch my breath. "It's Monday, he'll be in school."
Koji lets my hair go, he looks surprised. "School? He is still sick. The doctor told him -" I interrupt. "Taku already missed a whole month. He surely doesn't want to repeat this year."
Koji snorts: "Who cares? He should stay at home and rest."  
"He does. Come on, he just isn't the type to hang around and make a living with bad deals. He still believes he has a future outside downtown."
Blue eyes burn with an unholy fire. "He'll never have a future without me, wherever he goes. I'll go and get him now."
I just manage to stop Koji before he storms downstairs. "What do you think you are doing? Do you want to yank him by his hair from the schoolyard and into your car - in front of his comrades and teachers? Think twice. He would never forgive that."
He gets insecure, just for a second. Koji sighs. His shoulders sink a little.
"No, of course not. I'll catch him after school and drive him home."

Then he is gone.

____

During the day, strange guys show up in the streets. They wear Armani Suits, big sun-glasses and smell dangerous. I don't like them around, not even one bit.
Since Koji made this deal, they are interested - I just don't know in what.

We have some big Families ruling the city. At day with their bought puppets, at night with their firepower. One family wanted to sell weapons - word was out that they needed cash for a deal. Another family was interested.
Problem was, that they are mortal enemies, neither of them would have made contact.
In such cases, you need an agent.

Taku was just a week in hospital, several OP's had been made, several were still to come. Koji was determined to pay the hospital-bill, he already managed the best possible treatment for Taku. I don't know, how he did that. Maybe the Medical Superintendent felt a cold knife on his throat in a dark parking-lot, together with a very polite request.
At least, it worked. Nevertheless, the bill would be astronomic, so Koji needed cash - a lot of. And fast.

This maybe deal was his chance to get it. No agent in this town was crazy enough to jump into that boiling-pot.
Koji did.

He drove first to the prospective purchaser, established himself as contact person, cleared the corner-points of the deal like price limit, time to deliver, how much and so on.
I was there as second man, Koji meant it necessary.

I nearly wet my pants.

All the time, the main guy wasn't taking Koji seriously. The turning point was when he asked: "Why do you think you can handle that? Why should I trust you?"
Koji just smiled. His answer made chills running down my back. "I can, otherwise I wouldn't be here. If I screw this job, you'll kill me. If I run away with the money, you'll kill me as soon as you catch me and in between kill my friends. On the other hand, if the job is done well, I expect to be paid most handsomely."
The man leaned forward. "And why should I pay you little runt afterwards - if you are successful?"
Koji looked him straight in the eyes. "First, because it's agreed and anything else would ruin the reputation of your family's name. Second, because no clever man ruins a valuable resource."

The guy just nodded.
Koji got a suitcase with cash to start the deal and a single bullet to remind him of his fate, should he fail.

He drove alone to the second family. I had peed my pants when we were finally back on the street again so he had send me home.
I don't know how, but he managed to get the job done and made a big extra because the selling party lowered their demands a little to show their gratitude. Everyone was satisfied and Koji suddenly a rich man.
The funniest thing is, that he didn't needed the money. Taku's foster parents showed up in the hospital and nearly started a row. They got insurance and because Taku is only 17 years old, their insurance paid the complete hospital bill.

Koji was on the brink of killing them when they came for Taku on his leaving day. Luckily for them, Taku refused to go home and let Koji collect him. He must still fear  for his family.
I really don't know what Koji would have done and I also don't want to know it.
Obsession is a strange thing after all.

____


In the late afternoon, Koji arrives on his bike together with Taku. The boy looks tired, today must have worn him out.
I get the promised Chinese food for us. It's delicious but Taku still refuses to eat. "I'm not hungry, just tired. I'll go to bed."
"No way. First food, then bed and afterwards maybe sleep." Koji shows a smug smile on his face, although his eyes are worried.
Taku throws his head back, a little of his old fire shows. "I'm not hungry."  
Koji finishes his meal and jumps up.
"Shibuya, bring the food. And a spoon." He drags Taku by his wrist out of the room up to their bedroom.
When I catch up with them, Taku is already stripped down to his boxers. His clothes are dangling neatly from a coat hanger, so he was at least allowed to strip himself.
His hands are tied behind his back and Koji places him onto the bed, kneeling down behind him. He takes his own shirt off.
I just stare when Koji takes the food box out of my hand and starts to feed Taku with the spoon. At first Taku puts up a fight, but he is still too exhausted to keep it up.
He gulps the rice down without looking at us. Koji can even relax the tight grip around his chin which he used to force Taku's mouth open.

As soon as the food is finished, Koji lifts Taku up into a demanding kiss, turning him around and placing him into his lap. The boy can put his legs only to either side of Koji's hips so that he is sitting now right on Koji's groin, wide-spread. I can see how uncomfortable Taku is - head turned away with closed eyes.
Koji doesn't seem to notice that. He kisses the boy's chest and stomach, licks at his nipples. With one hand he leads Taku's hips, the other holds the dark hair in a strong grip, forcing the boys head back, presenting his vulnerable throat. I gulp nervously. I still need to talk to Koji but as things are, he is very - occupied. I hassle with myself when Koji flings an icy look on me. He doesn't say a word, his thumb just points at the door.
Vanishing, I hear cloth tear.
Sounds, like Taku's boxers meet their maker.
The door's already closed behind me, but still every sound can be heard.
Taku's strangled yelp as Koji enters him.
Koji's husky whispers as he pushes into Taku.
The suppressed gasps with every painful thrust.
Taku has no chance to support himself without hands - Koji has full control over his body and forces himself even deeper into him. Koji's breath comes harsh, suddenly he curses loud, and I hear Taku whimper. Finally he takes a sharp breath in and everything goes quiet.

Slowly I count to hundred. I have reached 96 when Koji calls me in.
"What is so urgent Shibuya?"
Koji is leaning comfortably against some cushions. Taku lies on the bed, head in the others lab, eyes closed. I can't tell if he is sleeping, unconscious or just resting.
Koji answers my silent question. "He is sleeping now. Okay, Shibuya, start talking."
I sigh. "The guys have been around again. I don't like that, Koji. They are up for something and we can't stop them."
He is not impressed. Gently stroking Taku's hair Koji's replay sounds cold. "They offered me a job. The gang wars killed a lot of men in the last months so they are looking for reinforcements. I wasn't interested. Are you?"
I shudder. "No, of course not."
Silence falls. All the time, Koji is petting Taku, stroking his back, gently playing with his hair. He even tugs the blankets higher so that Taku's shoulders are completely covered, warming him. He is never that tender when Taku is awake.

I square my shoulders. "Something else: Takafumi send a promo tape to this music contest."
"And?"
"Well, he asked if you would sing on stage if his band makes it to the finals."
A soft laugh answers me. "No way."
I squirm uncomfortably. "He did send two tapes in. The first came back instantly, the second was more successful. It seems that it has impressed the jury. A lot."
"Fine for Takafumi."
"Do you remember the day when we visited them in their studio? You sang this nice love-song out of fun. The recording was running and - well, this is the second tape."
Koji stares at me for a moment, then he turns his attention back to Taku.
"His show. Let him handle that, I'm not interested."
I feel my blood boiling. "This could be his - no, our - chance to get out of this rat hole!"
The temperature in the  room drops suddenly, Koji's angry hiss freezes my blood. "If you wake him up, Shibuya, you won't survive tonight."
A hasty look at Taku - good, he still sleeps. I continue whispering. "Koji, don't ruin this, please. For Takafumi and the gang it's about fame and money. For you it could be more."
Koji looks at me, eyebrow lifted.

"First: It's Taku's last year in school, then he'll either go to work or to college. There is no way that he will stay here, unless you chain him up somewhere. If you want to support or follow him, you need an income."
Koji snorts. "I can make all the money I want without being feed to a bunch of teen-girls and forgotten in a month."
Desperately, I continue: "Second: You could tell Takuto here about your feelings without loosing your face. No-one would laugh, because as a singer it's your job and only Taku would know, that it's about him. He might believe it or not but it's your chance to tell him."

This point seems to get Koji. He strokes Taku's back and kisses his hair, pushing back his own silvery mane.

I have already accepted failure on my mission when he finally answers.

"I'll think about it."