Part 7

As though I was talking to myself, both stay silent.

All the while, Koji hesitates to get near to Taku. When he finally steps close, he touches his face most tenderly, brushing his fingers over the soft skin. Taku shoos his hand away with an unwilling move. "Don't."
Koji lets go of him like burned.

The boy stares at him with dark, angry eyes, fury sparkling in them.
"What do you plan next? Boiling me in hot water? Why are you here - checking out your victim if it's nice and quiet? I won't talk, don't worry. It's not necessary for you to be here."

An uncomfortable silence falls.

Every single one of Taku's bitter words hits Koji like a whip, I can see it the way he trembles. He doesn't even dare to grab the boy, he only stands there and shivers. I'm speechless myself, it's tough to counter this attack.
A very soft sentence does it.

"I love you."

Koji shyly faces the floor; he doesn't look at the boy.

Taku stares at him with big eyes. "What?!"

Louder now. "I love you. I didn't mean for all of this to happen, I just want to keep you close, to protect and maybe also to possess you. I want you, I need you, I love you - Izumi, you are everything for me. I can't let you go. Please ....."

"I don't believe a single word of what you are saying! You don't have to tell me this kind of lies to keep me quiet. It's unnecessary. The only thing I want is to get rid of you."

Koji pales, I can see this insane light flickering in his eyes. He is at the brink of doing something really crazy.

Hastily I jump between them.

"We are really happy, that you are getting better, Taku-chan. The boys were worried to the bone. All of us - especially Koji. He has done a lot of bad things, but you can't blame  the fire on him, it wasn't his fault. After all, he risked his life to get you out. Give him a chance, yes?"

The boy lowers his eyes. "What choices do I have?"

Before I can, Koji answers. His voice is cold and somehow final. "None. I'll follow you to hell and back if necessary. You will be mine, even if I have to imprison you to achieve this. Got that?"

A very dark look shows that Taku completely understands.

Again, silence falls. The atmosphere is icy. The boy stares at the ceiling. Koji fixes his eyes upon the wall.
The next minutes will decide whether Taku becomes Koji's lover in future or his property.
It seems, like it's up to me ....

"You don't know the best news yet - you'll move!"
"Oh really?"

Hrmmm, a halfhearted reply is better than none.

"Yes, in a really nice apartment in uptown. It's so cool and right next to a soccer field. You can work out there every day. There is even a college nearby, you'll love it!"
"Sounds fine." Taku's answer is nothing more than polite. The prospect of nice surroundings with everything his heart desires leaves him untouched.
Fuck, we searched so hard for the perfect dwelling. Koji paid a fortune to get it.

Helpless, I look at Koji.

The silver-haired boy turns around and steps closer. He moves slowly, carefully avoiding any sign of aggression or anger. He puts his arms around Taku and hugs him close.

"It's okay, if you are afraid. I'm afraid, too. I never loved someone that much. I never cared about anyone or anything. Now you are there and everything is different. I've hurt you and I can't make that undone. I've put you in danger, unwillingly maybe, but still. I can't let you go, in spite of all that, I just can't. You can live your life, just share it with me, will you?"

It's part resignation, part acceptance as Taku buries his face in the bend of Koji's neck.

"You are absolutely crazy. How can you depend on someone else that much?"

Koji sighs. "I love you. You don't love or trust me now but perhaps I can earn it. I'll never leave you alone, Izumi."
For a few minutes, Koji is hugging him, holding on for dear life. I don't know what to say, so I just sit aside and pray to any god who might listen, that they'll find together.
Finally, a nurse steps in and announces the end of visiting hours.

Koji lays Taku carefully down and covers him, stroking a few strands out of his face. "I'll fetch you as soon as they let you go. Get well soon, will you?"

The boy just nods. As things are, he has a lot to think over.

As we leave the hospital, Koji is as cold as ever. Hard to believe, that this Mr. Cool just announced true love to someone.

Koji mounts his bike. "I have got something to do, Shibuya. See you later."

"Has it something to do with the fire? Koji, please, don't do anything stupid."

Our leader looks me right in the eyes, I shiver under his gaze. We've found out in between, that the family of the leading boy started the fire as revenge for his humiliation in that dark alley.
Worse it, it's not just 'a family'. It's one of the ruling houses in this city.

Koji just smiles coldly. "Don't worry, Shibuya. They won't bother us ever again."

With that, he's gone - and despite of his words, cold fingers travel along my spine.